Chromecast has been facing a tough competition from its counterparts, but this has not stopped Google from designing the best and cheapest HD streaming devices. With the launch of Chromecast Ultra, Google has proved that they are highly focused towards offering 4K HDR streaming to its users. Chromecast Ultra is a wafer sized streaming device that allows your TV to receive the 4K HDR signal from any mobile device, regardless of this network.
Although it is a small streaming device but comes with many gigantic and promising features, thereby making this tiny streaming device quite popular and widely accepted. It is termed Ultra not because it supports 4K playback and HDR videos, but also for its Ethernet port and improved internal components which ensures higher loading of videos with minimal slowdown and lags. The key highlight of the device is that it comes with the ability to cast content on TV by sending a link from phone to Chromecast Setup which loads and display it on TV.
The Chromecast Ultra Design
Google is obsessed with round shape and hence they have designed the Chromecast Ultra in a round shape with glossy black plastic cover. It is the small and compact device which can hide easily and like other streaming devices, it comes with small HDMI cable which plugs directly into your receiver of TV. For power, it comes with the micro USB cable which can take benefit of a spare USB socket on TV. It uses its own dedicated mains power adaptor for power to deliver you 1080p and 4K streaming experience.
The Features of Chromecast Ultra
- The Raison D’etre of the Chromecast Ultra is the prime feature which has the ability to deliver videos and content in HDR and 4K. As always, the device can be controlled by any tablet or Smartphone.
- If you and the Chromecast are on the same network, then it may show the compatible apps with the cast logo. So, simply select your Chromecast and enjoy streaming.
- All the controls can be managed through the application on your device and there is no remote control. You will also find no user interface for the Chromecast’s services.
- When you plug-in the ultra you will be greeted with wallpapers and this quite pretty simple and has some great sort of menu.
- You only need to hunt for the HDR videos and 4K movies to be streamed on the larger screen of your TV via Chromecast Ultra.
Performance of Chromecast Ultra
The Chromecast Apps is very simple and easy to set up. You simply need to follow the on-screen prompts and messages and follow it accordingly. You are required to use the dedicated power supply and Ethernet cable to get the most out of the device. If you don’t use the dedicated power supply, then you won’t get the benefits of 1080p resolution. The dedicated power supply also increases loading speed and time and it won’t take longer to ramp up the full 4K resolution. It would be faster compared to the hard-wired devices.
Once the device pick-up and the full speed is achieved, you can’t say that you are on Chromecast. You can use Netflix and any other service providers of 4K videos to enjoy an enhanced quality of the video which is indistinguishable virtually. However, the stability of the video quality depends greatly on the internet connectivity. It won’t work if the network speed is below 20mbps.
It is undeniable fact that Chromecast Ultra offers the best values for streaming HDR and 4K Videos. There are lot many benefits associated with the 1080p users. If you are finding for the powerful, fast streaming devices in wafer size for your UHD TV, then without a second thought you must opt for Chromecast Ultra.