Chromecast is an excellent tool for streaming digital media from your mobile/tablet/PC or even third-party services like Netflix and Amazon Prime. It is not only cost efficient but provides a complete media experience. Before you can use this service though, you need to learn to set it up for your device – Windows, Android or iPhone. Here you can learn how to setup the Chromecast device in a few simple steps.
Once you’ve bought your Chromecast device, there’s no stopping you from accessing the enormous world of digital media. An extension, known as the Chromecast extension, enables your PC to cast digital media on to your TV using the Chromecast device, through the Google Chrome browser.
Setup Chromecast on Windows, MAC, and Android:
- The first step is to plug your Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV along with plugging the USB wire into its respective port.
- If you are using a tablet/mobile, visit the Google Play Store/ Apple App Store and install the Google Home App onto your device. In the case of a PC, the Chromecast can be accessed directly using the Google Chrome browser.
- Using the application you just installed, or the Chrome browser, depending on the device you want to stream content from, visit the Google Chromecast website.
- Now, you need to select the ‘Devices’ under ‘Google Home’ from the upper right-hand corner of the window.
- When you click on the ‘Set Up’ option, a similar code should be displayed on your TV screen and application/ browser window.
- Enter the given code carefully into the required field and select the name of your device from the list.
- Make sure that your Chromecast device is connected to the internet. Now the only thing left to do in Sign In to your Google account and you’re good to go.
Also Read: Chromecast Alternatives
Steps to Setup Chromecast on iPhone and iPad:
- Chromecast.com/setup on your iPhone or iPad, the first step is to visit the Apple App Store and install the Google Home App for iOS onto your device.
- Once you launch the app after installation, you will see a ‘Devices’ section. Select this option.
- Click on the ‘Add New Device’ option and now you can begin to set up your device.
- As we had done in case of Android, a code will be displayed on your TV as well as your App screen. Verify this code by entering into the required field.
- The next few steps will lead you to choose basic settings like choosing your country and changing the name of your Chromecast device.
- Make sure that your Chromecast device is connected to your home’s Wi-Fi connection. You will manually have to choose the Wi-Fi SSID from the ‘Wi-Fi Network Settings’ since the Google Home App for iOS does not have the permission to obtain this password directly.
- Log In to your Google account and choose the ‘Cast’ option from the app.
- Stream unlimited movies, TV shows or any other media on your TV.