The Amazon Prime is a goldmine of digital media. From the latest music, movies and TV shows to original series and exclusive documentaries, Prime have got it all for you under a single roof. It even offers two different plans to choose from, i.e. $99 per year or $10 per month, according to your requirement. Learn in this article how to use Chromecast Prime Video.
Since Amazon clearly states that Android and Chromecast are not compatible with Amazon Prime and Amazon instant video services, it is inevitably assumed that one needs to buy the Amazon Fire TV stick in order to stream Prime videos on their TV. This, however, is not true as there is a way around this.
Chromecast Prime Video – How To Watch
- A Chromecast or Android TV device connected to your TV.
- A Wi-Fi connection that will enable the pairing of the device to your PC/Tablet.
- The PC/Tablet maybe Windows or Mac OS X, but must have the Google Chrome browser installed on it.
- An Amazon Prime membership, without which you cannot access the Prime content.
How To Watch Amazon Prime Videos on Chromecast?
Below are a few easy to follow steps, guided by which you will be able to enjoy Chromecast Prime Video streaming on your TV at no extra cost.
- Connect your Chromecast device to your TV and Wi-Fi.
- Connect your PC to the same Wi-Fi network as the device and pair the two devices.
- Once this is done, launch the Google Chrome browser installed in your PC.
- Visit www.amazon.com and log in to your Amazon Prime account. From the Prime drop-down menu, select the “Watch” option.
- The complete library containing all Prime videos will appear, from where you can browse and choose the desired video. As soon as you click on a video, it will start playing.
- Now to stream this video on TV, you first need to click “Pause”.
- In the upper right corner of the browser window, you will notice a Chromecast icon. A list of all Chromecast devices will appear, select your device from here.
- Choose the “Cast tab” option from the “Cast to” menu that appears.
- Your Chromecast Setup to Prime Video will now stream on the device you chose while displaying several settings that you can configure to fit your preference.
- You can choose the resolution of video from the three available options- Standard (480p)/ High (720p)/ Extreme Quality (higher bitrate). By default, Prime chooses the video quality depending upon your Wi-Fi speed.
- You can Mute/Unmute the video using the Volume settings, but the volume level can only be adjusted using the TV remote.
- You can now comfortably enjoy the content on a bigger screen at no extra cost. To stop streaming the video on your TV, you can either directly close the browser window, or click on the “Stop Casting” option in the settings.
Following these steps, you can not only stream Amazon Prime videos using Google Chromecast but any video of any format available on the Web.